There is so much to do on Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, it’s sometimes hard to know where to start. We have arrangement s with all of the local activity providers and are more than happy to suggest tours that will suit your needs as well as book them for you at our preferential rates. Things to do on the three islands include :
- Scuba Diving – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao – The area is a paradise for diving enthusiasts. The main area for this activity is Koh Tao, where many “pinnacles” offering amazing experience of underwater adventures. A wide range of tropical fish can be met and photographed as Whale Sharks, Barracuda, Turtles and Gray Sharks besides an endless variety of colorful tropical fish.
- Island Safari Tour – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao - Includes jungle tour, waterfall exploration, elephant trekking, monkey theater show and more, doesn’t include a stop at a pub however, but don’t worry, we will have the cold beers when you get back to the resort.
- Golf – Koh Samui – For Golf pros and enthusiasts the stunning course at the Santiburi Country Golf takes you to the dizzy heights of the mountains that not only offers you stunning views of both this and the surrounding islands but world class golfing on an exciting and challenging course.
The Bophut Hill Golf Club is a superbly maintained 9 hole golf course, this basic and short par 27 is great for beginners and more experienced golfers who are looking to home into their short game or golfers who cant face the full 18 holes, either that or the wife wont give them that long away from her and the kids!
Otherwise drive yourself nuts on Chaweng’s Crazy Golf course, well its something to do isn’t it!
- Mini Golf – Koh Samui - Not the whole hog but slightly more serious, fun can be had in Choeng Mon on this well kept Mini Golf Course when you cant think of anything else to do and Crazy Golf is just too annoying!
- Football Golf – Koh Samui - One of our personal favorites and a different take on the popular game Football golf is guaranteed to amuse footballers, non footballers, golfers and non golfers from all over the world. Excellent fun and run by friendly Tom from Liverpool in the UK, this is one activity that you will not want to miss while you are on the island.
- Bungee Jumping – Koh Samui – When you are looking for a bit of adrenalin this jump takes you 50 meters high above a 5 meters deep plunge pool and your experience can be recorded on video. If you are still not suitably shaken then try the rocket man experience, you can always come back here for a stiff drink to calm your nerves afterwards!
- Canopy Adventures – Koh Samui – See the jungles of Samui from a slightly different angle, swinging along a cable above the canopy. This fun adventure is completely safe, there is no experience required and the highly trained guides will ensure you have an excellent experience as glide peacefully between 6 platforms taking in the spectacular view. Enjoy the refreshing waterfalls before and after your experience to complete this unique and thrilling adventure, then head back to your friendly hosts at the Full Moon Bungalows for some sunset cocktails or beers right on the beach.
- Go Karts – Koh Samui – Suitable for both the experienced and beginners this fun activity is available from 9am to 9pm and is guaranteed to thrill and excite. Instruction and helmets are provided; all you have to do is jump in and have fun.
- Monkey Theater – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao – In the western world it may be true that dogs are a mans best friends but in coconut farm laden Samui it’s the monkey. Once the main industry on Koh Samui coconut farms still operate here and gathering these tropical fruits is made a lot easier by Samuis industrious monkeys. Enjoy demonstrations of how the monkeys are trained and how they work at Samuis own Monkey Theater and training school. The Monkey Theater is available also in Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
- Horse Riding – Koh Samui – Explore Koh Samui from another angle, on horseback. European standard horses that are calm and well trained, provide a unique way to enjoy both the rain forest and the beaches. All equipment is provided and the ranch caters for both experienced and inexperienced riders.
- Shooting Range – Koh Samui – When you want to let of a bit of steam on vacation then a trip to the shooting range is one way to release some of that pent up western frustration. Reasonably priced the shooting range provides fully trained instructors, a wide range of guns to choose from and live ammunition.
- Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao – Thailand’s national sport is as popular to learn these days as it is to watch. WMC Koh Samui offers a training camp in Lamai that has everything you need for an introduction to this sport and a truly unforgettable experience and a perfectly good excuse to kick the daylights out of annoying holiday companions!
Good school class available also in Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
- Karate – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan – If Muay Thai is not your thing then why not have a bash at Karate.
In Koh Samui, Geoff pickup has been practicing this martial art for 14 years and been teaching full time for the last three. One hour self defense classes are available and are a great introduction to Goju Ryu.
- Judo – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan
- Thai Cookery School– Koh Samui, Koh Phangan – If you are looking for a slightly less aggressive activity then perhaps learning the art of oriental cooking is more up your street. Several cookery schools on the island offer a unique insight into this delicious cuisine as well as the opportunity to share what you have learned with your fiends who are welcome to come along and indulge in the gastronomic delights you have concocted along the course.
One of the most credited is the SITCA (Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts), in Koh Samui.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao – If cooking is a little mundane and you don’t feel like walking or mountain biking then why not explore Koh Samui’s wild and wonderful interior on an ATV. Great fun and with some stunning views to be admired this is a great way to spend an afternoon when you just can’t face another day on the beach.
- Mountain Bikes – Koh Samui – Some paths through the jungle in the central part of Koh Samui, which does not exceed 600 meters in height, are pleasant and undemanding. To cool down the path you can make a stop at the waterfalls for a pleasant and refreshing swim. Very pleasant and fun, along the way you can make a stop at the waterfalls for a refreshing swim.
- Tennis – Koh Samui – Tennis players can rent outdoor or indoor tennis courts around the island.
- Soccer – Koh Samui – An indoor facility is newly built in Chaweng and some soccer fields are around the island.
- Kite Surfing – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan
- Bowling Championship – Koh Samui – This is an annual bowling event held in May every year.
- Pool Billiards – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao – Pool tables are everywhere. Some billiard fan club around the islands also have snooker tables.
Places To See in Koh Samui
- Temples – Koh Samui is home to lots and lots of temples and each one has something different to offer. The Big Buddha temple as not only a stunning temple where you can be blessed but a bustling little market full of ancient and non ancient Thai artifacts, but some wonderful cafes and an in house fortune teller! The well preserved body of Loung Por Ruam, the mummified monk is to be found at The Kunaram temple. He has amazed locals and tourists alike for the last 30 years he has been in residence at the temple by mysteriously refusing to deteriorate from one year to the next. As well as visiting the temples during the day, be sure to visit in the evening when they are hosting a temple party. Almost like a western fairground the temple parties offer bargain stalls and the more than a bit interesting Thai Bingo!
- Hin Ta & Hin Yai – this is a great spot to go and visit if you have more than a fleeting interest in rocks that are meant to resemble human genitalia. Legend has it that these rocks represent doomed lovers who drowned themselves at sea. We prefer to think it’s just a bit of a vivid imagination coming into play when the island had slightly less to offer attraction wise than it does now.
If you need more information about the activities offered by the islands, feel free to inquire our information service, using the form below.
Please complete the inquiry form below.
WARNING! Occasionally, email spam filters incorrectly classify valid emails as spam. So, if you aren’t receiving confirmation or reply emails from us, check the spam folder in your email account.
Page updated on July 6, 2012